F150 gas engine help

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if this doesnt fix it......she is out of here, ford cannot find any codes and i am not spending anymore $$ on her.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert, hopefully the mileage will get better. However, isn't it about time for a 2013 anyway? If I could afford it, I'd get a new one to replace my 2008. With my "normal" driving (city/highway mix), I'm getting 13.5-15.5. Of course it's an XLT and doesn't have the "lie-o-meter". Of course, the mileage really looks bad when the Honda is averaging about 30.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
2015 or early 2014 may have new sheet metal???
really holding out till the legislative season is over here 1 sep and see if the veteran help bills get passed
then its easier to grab a good deal with no sales tax
just pizzes me off the mileage going haywire, its got be a sensor somewhere but with no codes or weird duty cycles popping up its a crap shoot

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you pulled the ECM fuse and cleared it? As dumb As this sounds Pull the fuse and press the brake 3 times. For some reason this seems to clear everything. From my under standing there power stored in some components that has to bleed off. By pressing the brake this does it. I'm still wandering about it. I have try-ed it on my jeep and it works there and on my old 04 PSD it did too.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Have you pulled the ECM fuse and cleared it? As dumb As this sounds Pull the fuse and press the brake 3 times. For some reason this seems to clear everything. From my under standing there power stored in some components that has to bleed off. By pressing the brake this does it. I'm still wandering about it. I have try-ed it on my jeep and it works there and on my old 04 PSD it did too.

yep when i did the maf i pulled all the ecm fuses and keep alive circuits, so this week its relearning our driving habits eheheheeeee

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dog, are you saying this works on the 6.0 also. I would love to clear some of the crap Ford has put on my truck. Where do i find this ECM fuse?
Doug

Why is it everytime I post something it comes up twice????

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It worked on clearing code I could not read. But with pulling the ECM fuse after cleaning the MAF the truck seem to run better after it relearn things. When I saw the change was when I cleaned the MAF, cleared the ECM was the trip to st. paul MN in 08 Was getting crap for mileage stopped in a rest area cleaned and rest the ECM hit the road and after about 300 miles mileage started to go up. After dropping my load there was heading to ohio then took a big jump. I started leaving florida at around 12 mpg by time I got to ohio I was way over 20 mpg. I had my laptop plugged into the OBD and was getting mpg off the truck it self and by hand too. The truck was only off by 1.2 mpg. But I think a few thing played into this too. Fuel from MN was bio mix 20% I think. But I was not driving at 70mph. I stayed around 55 to 60 mph. I pulled the same MPG from ohio to GA. That was a load of 20% bio too, after that there was no bio I could get so normal fuel after that and my mileage dropped back down to 18. When I ran the data with my buddy at ford, his laptop said I was running around 28mpg from MN to ohio to GA. The only thing he and I could come up with was cleaning the maf and clearing the ecm and really good clean fuel and driving 55 to 60 was the only thing. The truck had a tuner on it too.

After that I always clean the MAF, and clear the ECM. I always got really good mpg with the 6.0. better then the 6.4. I always around 15 to 16 city and low 20 hwy. But good fuel was always a part of it. I did not and do not get fuel at walmart or buba's food store, Mostly shell.
The info was backed up be my fuel card too, mileage had to be entered to use the card. So it was tracked that way too, and came out about the same info.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
last weekend we took a long 6hr round trip trip 70 plus was the norm for most of the run out and back
winds one way were 12 -18 by the gps thingy
and a mild tail wind to side winds on the return leg
i was happy happy happy
16.8 was the firm number by the truck computer
did see a few miles of over 17, but mostly 16.8 even at ummm 82
so its getting better 16.8 i can live with
last item after the cleaning of the maf was a can of seafoam for grins and it may or may not have done anything
this is one standard unleaded, with 10% ethanol or so the pump stated, it was at a valero station.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14