New Member F250 CC Popping

fullofsuperdutys

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Howdie,

Read the site a lot, but never posted. I am happy to be a part of it now that we own our 4th SD. In the last two months, starting to hear a loud popping noise coming from behind the passengers side rear seat in our '03 F250 CC. It used to be very infrequent, but getting more annoying, and seems to be working toward drivers side as well. Can not pinpoint symptoms, therefore no one can find anything wrong (big surprise). It is loud when it pops. I am just concerned it is a safety issue as I have a lot of traveling to do with this truck in March. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome2 I have an occasional loud popping noise in my truck also. It has been raining here so I have not crawled under the truck to investigate. I think it is the cab bolts that are under the truck. I think there is 6 or 8 big bolts that are tightened from under the truck. Check it out if the weather co-operates.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Dave said.

Seen this happen many times on many Pick-up's through the years. The body mount bolts loosen up over time.. or the rubber dampeners dry up. Either/Or, sometimes both. Bed bolts too.

Joe

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. When I was a senior in high school, my dad bought a new 1970 Ford F-100. For a long time it had a pinging sound (like a bell ringing) under the front end and we never could find it. A few years later, one of our neighbors had a 1974 F-100 and discovered the same type of pinging. It was a loose bolt on top of one of the twin-i-beam front axles. I checked my dad's truck and it was doing the same thing. Was gonna get a wrench and tighten the bolt to stop it, but he said no that now he knew what it was he wouldn't worry about it (he knew it wasn't a safety issue). A few years later, he gave me the truck and one of the first things I did was to tighten the bolt and stop the noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14