F250 sunroof Leaking

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is water in the front passenger side floor board where water is leaking i believe from the sunroof. The front windshield was just replaced so I know it is not that. What could be the problem causing it to leak? Can it be fixed?

new2ford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is your truck still under warranty? If so then it is Ford's problem to figure out.

I have not had a cracked windshield ever be the source of a leak. If you believe it to be your sun roof, is your headliner water damaged at all?

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunroof Leaking

Is your truck still under warranty? If so then it is Ford's problem to figure out.

I have not had a cracked windshield ever be the source of a leak. If you believe it to be your sun roof, is your headliner water damaged at all?

No it is not under warranty. its a 2004 model. It is not the Windshield. It has been replaced. It is the sunroof. Front right pillar is where the water is coming in.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try cleaning the sunroof and all of it's components. Open it up and make sure that you clean all of the dust and dirt off of the mating surfaces. I used to use just a dab of vaseline on the rubber seals to keep them soft and pliable. If they get dry and/or dusty, it won't make a good seal and water will leak in like crazy. This may not be your problem after all, but it's a good (cheap) place to start! :sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a water test. Get in and have someone spray the roof and see if it is leaking. You could have a leak in the cowling in front of the wind shield. This is also the area the A/C gets it's outside air from and it could be leaking around the A/C intake.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sunroof leaking

Do a water test. Get in and have someone spray the roof and see if it is leaking. You could have a leak in the cowling in front of the wind shield. This is also the area the A/C gets it's outside air from and it could be leaking around the A/C intake.

Ive already done that only spraying the sunroof with a sprayer set on rain. The leak is more like coming in the drain from the sunroof. If you take glove box out to where you can run your hand up into the dash along the passenger post the water is coming out of the column. I believe this is where the roof drain is and it is either stopped up and someone has tried to open it with air and blown it open or cracked it trying to unstop it.

If you use vaseline which is a pertroleum based product it will destroy the rubber seals. You should use a silicone based product to protect the seals. I used vaseline on my ttop seals in the 80's and it ruined the seals.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Armorial, I think it's spell thats way. I used it on my other truck and it work. I do know you can get a after market seals kit and replace it.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sunroof leaking

Sunroofs/moonroofs leak its just that they have drains to direct the water away form the inside of the cab thus the drain tubes. I have seen some that get the headliner wet but this is not my case.

Does anyone know about the drain tubes????????????

:confused:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64