F450 lift

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This question is for my dad. He would like to lift his 2008 F450 king ranch 6.4 2-4 inches with a quality product. He has looked at the kellerman air lifts and likes the thought of being able to lower and raise the height to suit his needs. Only problem is, he cant seem to find a reputable place that has done this to an F450. I figured i would ask here before asking google.

Here is what he sent in an email:
"I'm thinking about lifting the truck slightly. My reason is twofold, and I have one concern that has so far made me hold off. The first reason I'd like to lift it is because I actually made one error of judgment when ordering out the truck. I chose the .488 rear axle ratio. Yes, that gives it all the pull power in the world, but actually limits my fuel economy possibilities. On my performance chip, I have towing, performance and economy options, and 12.5 mpg is the best I achieved. Now, with the fact that it's only got 7000 miles on it..."no" I can't say it's even broke-in...but nonetheless...12.5 is the best I got so far. If I put a little bigger tires on the truck, that will alter my gear ratio and I'd rather do it this way than jacking around with the rear axle.

However, I don't want to raise the truck too high for two reasons:

1. I'm too old to be "jumping" up to get my foot on the running board, and I don't want to lower the running boards by too much anyway.
2. I'm thinking seriously about getting a 5th wheel camper trailer to live in while working away from home and I don't want the truck to be TOO high for that purpose either.

So I'm thinking that it may be best to get the Kellerman, or some similar type lift in order to be able to adjust the height of my lift. Keep in mind...I only want to lift the truck high enough to put 37" tires on it, so whatever is minimum for me to do that, is the way I want to go.

So I've been thinking about asking which type lift to go with, and any other input I can find out. I did find this out...most places that SAY they have lift kits for an F-450...when you get into their ordering page you find that they only list up to the F-350. Don't know why they advertise differently. Another thing is that many of the places that do custom installs (I don't want to risk an unprofessional install here) will admit they've never done and F-450.

There's bound to be some places that do them...as I've seen too many internet photos for there not to be SOMEONE who does them.

Problem is FINDING one. ;-)"

We would like to know your opinions on the following topics:

Are there other options for an airbag lift system on the market? Or is kellerman pretty much the way to go here?

Any disadvantages to an airbag lift?

Does anyone know a reputable company or business that specializes in air bag lifts for a F450?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have him check out http://www.gearvendors.com/ That way he can keep his pulling power and have a higher gear for the road and it would work great with a Fifth-Wheel.
I have no ideal what one would cost installed.
Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58