Factory Nav & Sirius problems with a camper

IdahoDave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 F350 SC with factory nav and sirius radio. Works great until I load my 990 Arctic Fox camper. The camper blocks the antenna enough that the radio is intermittent and the nav shows no GPS. I believe the factory roof mounted antenna is a dual band antenna. I'd like to find a way to add a second dual band antenna. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix. So far the dealer is claiming ignorance.
Thanks
Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told there a line of sight antenna so you'll need to get another and relocate it to clear the camper. My buddy has the same problem with his truck when he puts a load that sticks over the cab on the truck rack.

IdahoDave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those that have responded. What Im looking for a spliter that can be installed at the back of the radio and an antenna that can receive both sirius and gps. I've heard that somebody makes those. I can then use a magnetic mount to put the second antenna on the hood. I have a 2007 corvette with nav and xm the dual antenna is located in the morrors. too bad ford couldn't have done something like that.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I just looked at crutchfield.com and they did not have a splitter for the factory radio system. I don't have any other radio places that I use. I know you will get some recommendations of other places.

Dave :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that you could jury rig something as a manual connection between the roof mounted antanna and the hood mounted antenna. Just unplug one over the other.

Dave :)

dpantazis

Reaction score
i think that you should give ford a call on this. as its a NEW truck and you are doing something with it that was intended to do, its a BAD design on their part.

for the $80 for the combiner, why not just abandon the combiner and get a 'new' sirius antenna and plug it into the radio and be done with?

in my jetta, i put it on the dash, up front under the window. it receives fine.

dpantazis

Reaction score
i think that you should give ford a call on this. as its a NEW truck and you are doing something with it that was intended to do, its a BAD design on their part.

for the $80 for the combiner, why not just abandon the combiner and get a 'new' sirius antenna and plug it into the radio and be done with?

in my jetta, i put it on the dash, up front under the window. it receives fine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58