Question Factory Navigation Radio

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tell me about the Ford Navigation Radio.

The local dealer tells me that you have to buy a disk from Navteq to load in the system but Navteq does not have anything on the disk for the local Fairbanks Alaska area. Not too sure why they sell vehicles here with $1,995 Navigation systems if they don't work but that is what they tell me. Anyone have the latest DVD that was released May 2008? Does it have much of Alaska on it? Navteq shows Alaska on there area map but the dealer here seems to think we are not on it. The vehicle equipped with the Navigation system that I am looking at is down near Anchorage so they must have that area on the map?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Might be bet to contact NAVTEQ directly and ask them ;)

Tried that

Q-There seems to be some confusion at the dealer if the disk will include a map for my local area - Fairbanks Alaska? Does the disk have any of Alaska on it? Any info would be helpful as no one around here seems to know much about it.

A-Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. Ford does include coverage of Alaska on their DVDs. For more detailed coverage information please contact your nearest authorized Ford dealership.

Not much help :rolleyes: I did some more research and all I can find is that on the new release they include Anchorage and Juneau which leads me to believe that is all of Alaska that they have :dunno I know they would not have mapped Fairbanks ahead of Anchorage.

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2006 Explorer out of Michigan with the Nav system on it, and it had the 1P version from Navteq. I asked Jodi at Seekins, and he gave me the number (probably the same one you got) and they said the 6P version included Alaska and Canada. Sounds like you did more research than I, in that it only included Juneau and Anchorage. I assumed it included Fairbanks as well, guess I'll have to go back and check. They have the 6P versions on Ebay for around $50, which was better than the beginning of this year when they were going for $100.

...hang on a sec...

I did some research on Navteq website, NAVTEQ: Home, and they do have the Fairbanks area in their database, so I don't know why they wouldn't include it in the new 7P version. I found that the 4V version (the one that includes 12 CD's), included Fairbanks in it, but it was the versions for the Lincoln.

I talked with Steve Angel over at Seekins (my truck was his demo) and he said they don't even order any of the cars or trucks with the nav system in them because they are useless in Fairbanks, not sure about Anchorage, though. This was a year and a half ago, though, so things may have changed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58