Question Favorite brand of paint polish (not wax)

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few posts relating to preferred wax, but what's your stand on polish? My oil burner is starting to put on the years now, and the swirls are showing in the dark paint. I've been trying to use Meguires ultimate finish polish with great results but it fights me when buffing it off. I'm just trying to smooth the finish out a but before waxing this year. Your views are appreciated!

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the meguires being hard to remove. I have used both the swirl remover and the medium and while they work good, a little spatter on a mirror or even on interior panels takes forever to get cleaned up. Mothers is just as bad. Right now my favorite is Evercoat, and I highly recommend it. I think I have the medium compound. It will remove 2000 grit scratches and carwash swirl. There is no comparison on removal, the Evercoat just wipes off with a dry cloth.

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check the local auto stores for that. If I can't find it, I'll definitely be ordering it from an online retailer! Thanks for the help

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Post about Polish.. not Wax.. But..

A good [Clay Bar] treatment fixed the swrilz on the hood, roof and "Hips".. then a good coat of Turtlewax "ICE" (a synthetic wax) sure worked on my 12 year old DRW.

Goes on EASY, comes off REAL easy. Sun or Shade. NO residue. Can be used on Everything..paint, plastic, vinyl, rubber, chrome, SS.. GOOD STUFF. Once in the Spring.. Once in the Fall.. Touch up with thier spray on Detailer.. now'n then.

Wally World has it.

Joe

Last edited:

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've heard mention of using a synthetic wax/sealant first before hitting with a final coat of carnauba wax. With the claims of synthetics removing swirls and making paint shine, i wonder if this might be a worthwhile venture. I always thought natural wax lasted longer, but I have been reading otherwise lately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58