FICM or Injectors

glassauto

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guys i have what feels like a miss and fuel mileage has been going down now my ? is is it an injector problem of FICM fixing to go out

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys i have what feels like a miss and fuel mileage has been going down now my ? is is it an injector problem of FICM fixing to go out
Well to start with you need to be running 5w40 Syn oil and Ford or Racor filters only to keep down stiction and cokeing your injectors will like it. If it runs bad at start up i would think it is the ficm then after it warmup it runs better, do you have good batteries in it because bad or weak batteries will kill the ficm.
The price of a new ficm around $1100 or you can have your rebuilt at BPD Repair Ford FICM Module for $300
or--- FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair My choice
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf
and here http://swampsdiesel.com/site/installation_instructions/pdf_instructions/FICM_Voltage_Testing.pdf
Testing the FICM Ford 6.0 FICM Testing & Removal Instructional Video - YouTube
I hard wired a Battery Tender Plus into the passerengerside battery had to get new nuts and bolts because the stock ones get screwed up removing then when it set for a long time i just plug it in they come with 2 sets one a clip and the other to hard wire then i just set it up by the AC unit plug in close the hood, keeps them charged at 100% all the time when it sets.
***12 VOLT BATTERY TENDER PLUS BRAND NEW STOCK 220128* | eBay
Do you know your fuel pressure under 45lbs at WOT kills injectores need a fuel pressure gauge and the new reg kit (blue spring) 99% of the 6L have low pressure.
Need gauges like the Edge CTS or the ScanGaugeII they are a must because the gauge in the dash just look good when they move it is to late.
2 stroker

glassauto

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use royal purple oil and Rev X no fuel pressure gauge though truck hasnt started hard since i switched to rev x and royal purple i hear alot or people going to 5W40 i live in south Louisiana is that oil still good down here in the summer

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You may want to check out bobistheoilguy.com for a complete explanation of oil weights. You should be good with 5 W 40 oil.

Dave :coffee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58