photos Finally Clay Bared the King Ranch

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a long July the 4th Holiday weekend, I finally had time to do what I've heard everyone else talk about, I clayed my Superduty. With the help of my middle son Dylan, we spent the better part of 8 hours working on the truck. I bought 2 clay kits a Meguiars and an Ice kit from the local salvage store for $2.50 each. I chose to use the Meguiars on my truck. After a good wash on Friday afternoon by Dylan, we started the clay process that night in the shop. It is amazing the difference smoothness of the surface after claying the truck. After the clay we put on a coat of the cleaner wax that comes in the kit. Saturday morning came a coat of Rain Dance pure wax as the final coat. I think the clay allows the wax to be put on easier and removed easier as their is no drag on the rub. I think this is the best wax job I have ever put on a vehicle. Here is how it turned out:

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks good, when can I bring mine down? Sure is nice to have a son that can help out on jobs like this, has he ask to help drive it yet?
Doug

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks good, when can I bring mine down? Sure is nice to have a son that can help out on jobs like this, has he ask to help drive it yet?
Doug

He gets to cruise around town with me riding shotgun for now. Without him it would have been rough to do this all by hand. I didn't use a buffer at all.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58