First Mod - navagation/sat radio

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Ok, so I've only owned the truck for three weeks, but it's time for the first mod! Actually, I'm in the planning stage right now. What I want to put in is a 2-DIN radio with a navigation system and Sirius built in. That way, there's no fumbling for controls and I don't have to drill holes in my baby (just yet anyway). I have the audio controls on the steering wheel and a simple single CD Factory radio. What I want to do is to construct a harness which will mate with the factory harness so that wire cutting and splicing will be unnecessary. That way, I can always put the factory radio right back in should the new one flake out for some reason. I was wondering if anyone has done such a swap. I'm thinking of the Eclipse AVN5435 or 5495. Also, does anyone have photos/descriptions/connector pin-outs of the factory harness? Can I obtain these from Ford? I wanted an assembly manual which should have all of this stuff in it, but have not been able to find one as of yet.

Thanks

Richard

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me look around Rich - I think I recall someone saying they got an aftermarket pigtail adapter from one of the supplers of their radio ...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Richard what year is your truck there? I have the pinouts for the stock stereos.

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The 16 pin plug should have stayed the same from 2003 to 2006 but I the 24 pin plug differs and I do not have that pinout as of yet..

dag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Shraderman

You and I seem to be on a parallel course - I am picking up my 04EX this
coming weekend so I have been gathering info as the first thing I do will
be to install nav - I have also selected the Eclipse AVN5495

I am thankful to report that, in response to my inquiry on "Another Forum"
I garnered the following info:

Aftermarket harnesses exist

PAC Audio SWI_X (Steering Wheel Interface) apparently used infrared
PAC Audio SWI-ECL which is new and apparently is a direct connect specifically for the Eclipse

MODS OR ADMINISTRATORS NOTE

I am new to this and don't know if I am allowed to identify the "other forum",
although I recognize a few fellow members of both.
If its OK I will be happy to direct Shraderman to the site, forum and
specific thread

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Dag,

I have managed to find some local auto parts stores (Advance) which sells a harness which mates with the stock truck harness and simply has pigtails which are labelled. I also have a Sirius radio. What I wanted to do was to use the AVN to do both. However, some folks tell me that the 5495 won't do Sirius and some say that it does. That's kinda my holdup right now. I am interested in how you make out (eg how the radio fits/etc). When you're done could you please post a photo or two. I will do the same, but it will likely be springtime (April/May) before I have the funds to do this. Until then, its just planning. All tips and help is appreciated.

Thanks

ShraderMan

dag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Shraderman - FYI
I just got the EX this past weekend so will be doing the nav soon
Go to FordExcursions.com and look for a thread called 'aftermarket nav'
that I started - then follow the leads by "200Proof" - make sure you
look at his photos of the Eclipse install - very slick
dag

Members online