first oil change.

moose35

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im a new superduty owner and its time for the first oil change. Im looking at getting the mobil 1 15 40 oil. How many quarts? 15? i looked up the filter at wally world the other night, is it a paper filter? or did they give the wrong one? i changed the oil in my bosses 02 and it was a hard filter. Im just wanting to know if im getting everything i need. Ive never owned a diesel pickup.

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On my 09, (not sure about the earlier years), it is a paper filter, with the plastic top attached. Fool-proof replacement. Oil is 15 quarts. As far as the brand... it's a personal choice. I am a fan of Amsoil myself.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The filter is a paper filter. It is inside the canister with a plastic top. Do not over tighten or you will be buying a new top.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
The filter is a paper filter. It is inside the canister with a plastic top. Do not over tighten or you will be buying a new top.

Dave

and....
when you put in the new filter, make sure it goes down straight and true on the plastic sleeve, as it needs to do this to unseat the open check valve and allow the oil to be filtered vice run around unchecked STS.
they have been know to get cocked on the top as you tighten it down,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58