First post/ just installed gauges!

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just joined this site yesterday. Looks great! I just finished installing my gauges. :thumbs It took me about 4 hours and 8 beers. On 100hp setting seeing about 25 psi and 1200 on egt's with foot on the floor. Now I have to get my BTM installed and then figure out what is next:sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
2001Stroke said:
...On 100hp setting seeing about 25 psi and 1200 on egt's with foot on the floor. Now I have to get my BTM installed and then figure out what is next:sweet

Welcome to SDD! You'll like it here sounds like. Check out the WIKI for some good starters.:sweet

I'd like to hear what that BTM does to your EGT's for reference. Oh and does your truck have a cat? I straight piped mine with a cat before the 4".:thumbs I dropped about 100 degrees but could easily peg :eek: the gauge runnin the Evo in the hot program that made 304hp with the 4" that finishes the quarter in the 1300's now.

MUDDUCK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2001Stroke welcome to SDD. where did you install the prope for your pyro-meter. i am planning on getting pyro and trans gauges soon.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey MUDDUCK,
I see you are from A-town as well. I installed my pyro probe in the pipe coming off the exaust manifold using the clamp that came with my gauges. I was really worried about it but just start with a small hole and work your way up. I got my shop-vac and sealed it around the hole after each hole I drilled. It seemed to have worked ok. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I live on off of Judge Ely kind of behind Lytle Land & Cattle. Let me know if you have any problems. Check http://www.longislandperformancediesel.com Jeremy has great prices. That is who I have been getting all of my stuff from. Look at the customers rides. My truck is the last one. One of the captions reads Andy's new DP-Tuner switch installed. Keep me posted and if you have any problems let me know. I will help if I can.:thumbs

MUDDUCK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Those are pretty good prices. I am on the other side of town off Fulwiler on the north side of I-20.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
2001Stroke said:
Just joined this site yesterday. Looks great! I just finished installing my gauges. :thumbs It took me about 4 hours and 8 beers. On 100hp setting seeing about 25 psi and 1200 on egt's with foot on the floor. Now I have to get my BTM installed and then figure out what is next:sweet
Welcome to the PLACE to Be
I see your infected as well, with the Modification/Alteration bug, it has no cure at this time. but we do find large doses of "neat things" and "Hp/Go faster" items tend to curb the desires long enough to go to work, make money, and then to spend it on the truck. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58