First post starting problem

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by Seth89, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Seth89

Seth89 SDD Junior Member

So here’s the deal I have 14 f350 6.7l. The truck intermittently won’t start. When I say it won’t start I don’t mean it will crank but not turn over. When I try to start it will do one single click and that’s all. The batterie seem to be fine, however when I put jumper cables on it will start. Another strange thing is anytime I try to use remote start it will not start with the key after. And it’s the same thing one click and nothin. I assume the batteries are bad. But it’s strange symptoms.

2. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

Welcome to SSD! There does not seem to be too many folks here these days. I posted just before Christmas and you are the first member I have communicated with. Back to your problem. Your batteries are 9 years old and that is too much time for diesel batteries. You have heavy loads on the batteries when starting in Winter. There are heaters and heavy cranking amp loads that KILL batteries much sooner than 9 years. I would not mess around with anything else until you get your truck running. Go get some of the same series batteries from a GOOD auto parts store. DON"T cheap out on batteries. Get the proper series of batteries and have them installed by someone who knows electrical.

3. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

You might try our sister website, www.oilburners.net where a lot more folks hangout and are very willing to HELP out and not mock you. :drive