New Member First time diesel owner

stepheneadams

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to diesel with a 2006 F-250 SD Crew 4x4 with 41,000 miles. Perfect lil-ole-lady-from-Pasadena story (retired couple actually). Garage-kept, interior is 98% new and the exterior is 90%. Of course the bed is used and the fifth wheel was removed.

We pull a 7,000# bumper pull TT and wanted something with more margin to pull into the Rockies without getting our butts kicked creeping up the mountains. GCWR lands at 15,000#.

I can already say thanks to the forums because there is a learning curve . Put in an SCT Livewire TS+. Who knew such a big truck could throw down that much power? My buddy and I laughed like a couple teenage boys when I tromped the go pedal on the performance tune. And I read about others going nuts with the power improvements but I simply want good mileage and a confident tow.

So far I have read up on the 6.0L issues: head studs and FICM power supply. Read up on Bulletproofing, EGR delete and oil cooler changes for when the time comes.

Still trying to understand what "normal" parameters look like with the various monitoring options of the SCT. Specifically the things I really need to watch to avoid catastrophic repair bills. Open to hearing what the long timers say.

Lost on the strategy topic and what can/should be done about it. ECU is ...9H7 and TCU is ...0HZ.

Stephen

5ec5f132d1a13b96ab38e7ed39f3903b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! First thing is do not run any tunes if the headstuds have not been done. The EGR needs to be deleted or upgraded if a delete is not possible where you live. When towing your oil and coolant temps need to be within 15 degrees of each other or your oil cooler is getting plugged. Once those are addressed then you're good to go. Four inch exhaust is a good idea to run any tunes and to get the heat out of the engine. The 6.0 makes great towing power without tunes. I personally won't run any. Many do and have no problems. Many have and destroyed their motors. Check out www.powerstrokehelp.com for a lot of good information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track