fisher elecric plow wont work??????

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok i dont know where this belongs.and i dont know anything about these electric plows.i got a 93 F350 with a 4 fisher on it.it has the electric pump that has 3 solenoids,pump,motor,and lift piston all in one unit.

sometimes it works and sometimes it dont.the owner was told to put hydraulic oil in it.so i drained the whole thing andput fresh hydraulic oil in it.it worked perfect on my first 2 driveways.i got to the 3rd and it wouldnt go up or angle.it decided to go up but very slow and angled when it felt like it.to get it to raise i gotta keep playing with the joystick,quick blasts up and let it sit for a minute and do it again till its up.

any ideas??????:dunno

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Plow

There is probably two plugs, without a model I don't know for sure but the one with two heavy 2AWG wire is the pumps power and ground supply and the other plug is for the lights and controls (up & down) (Left & right). They get water and snow inside and freeze, pull them and clean, grab some dielectric grease and smack some in there, hope this helps but if not let me know what model you have. MM1 MM2 or older. :eek:

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I had a Western Unimount and mine would give me trouble when the pins in the connections got compressed and I would take a 4d finish nail and spread the pins so the would make a connection again. I would also look at the sonlenoids because they will only take so much abuse before they quit working and if the motor spins and plow doesnt work you have ice in the bottom of the pump and the only way to get rid of is to drain the pump and bring it inside to unthaw over night. Hope this helps. Western and Fisher are made by the same company and share alot of the same harnesses and controls as well as hydraulics incase you need to hunt for parts.

atk

Reaction score
how`s the truck batteries and charging system????check ALL(even the grounds) connections!!!!does the fluid look milky????(could have moister in system and freezing up). does the electric motor sound like it is labouring????(brushes may be burn`t out)

what kind of hydraulic fluid did you use?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i had an old meyer plow that was frozen w/ water inside....just like has been said, drain it bring it in and thaw out and refill w/ proper fluid....check wire connections too..

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Check the connections. They can get nasty with age.A good cleaning could be in order. As for the fluid all the Fisher plows we used were fed a diet of ATF. It could be a fluid problem.:dunno

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its not a minute mount its a permant mount.

well i got it fixed.the owner went to a shop that services plows.the guy told him it sounds like a clogged filter.sold him a filter,gasket and 2 quarts of tranny fluid for 15 bux.i was thinkin along the lines of a filter problem but didnt know if it had one.and it does.replaced the filter and fluid and its faster than it ever was.but it cooked the alternator tonight.:doh: thanx for the help.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
it cooked the alternator tonight.:doh:

Tell him to buy the biggest baddest alternator he can get his hands on. I went through two stock type ones plowing before I dropped some coin on a big one and it works much better. Plows put a serious drain on the charging system.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
problem is these guys wont spend the money unless they have to.for some reason around here these guys dont believe in replacing weak parts with stronger/better parts like most of us do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58