Ford F250 Super Duty

hossain69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all
you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me
know and I will move it.

My family wants to start a business so we need a Ford F250 Super Duty. I
have been looking online for a Ford F250 Super for sale and
there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest.
What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips
and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

584833f79493b.jpg

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be better to know your budget and go from there. Also what are the plans for the truck? I'm assuming you'll be towing for your business. Do you know how much weight you'll be hauling?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will just jump in here and say a big Welcome to SDD.com. We are here to
have a good time and every now and then help someone out. Tell us a little
more what and how you plain to use it.
Doug

pappy19

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all
you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me
know and I will move it.

My family wants to start a business so we need a Ford F250 Super Duty. I
there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest.
What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips

584833f79493b.jpg

Thanks guys.

One thing is for sure, you don't want to look at any diesel Super Duties between 2003-2011. Before 2003 you have the 7.3 engine and after 2011, you have the 6.7 and both are good engines. Gas rigs are best from 2006 up to the present.

Pap

Diesel Dad55

Diesel Dad
Reaction score
Not wanting to "degrade" anybody's posts or comments, so I'll just put my 2cents worth in.
I have a 2004 F250 with the "so called" bad 6.0L., and I love my truck !!
I have 135,000 on it and tow a 14,000 lb. 30ft 5er.
So, take it with a grain of salt, but not ALL "2003-2011" trucks are bad.
My advise, take a look at the website; " powerstrokehelp.com"
Bill Hewitt, the owner of PowerStrokeHelp, has a great website, with great advice.
He has a video on what to do when looking to buy a used PSD.

Good luck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are several of us here who have had good luck with our 6.0 and several who have not done so well. There are good and bad about all trucks and manufacturers. I have had very good luck with my 6.0! :D

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As have I..... not all 6.0's are junk...... and a lot of the "problems" that people scream about are something they actually caused, so they broke it, not that it was junk..... yes everything can have problems..... but when you put a tuner on an engine designed to run in a specific range or parameters, and turn it way past the max, it's not junk, you broke it. Lifting the heads with a 450hp tune boosting to 50lbs.... not a design flaw, it was never intended to be run that way.....

Do the proper routine maintenance and no tuner and a 6.0 will live a long healthy life.

[RANT]
I get a bit testy when the 6.0 is labeled as junk just because it's a 6.0. I've heard for the last 10 years how bad they are, and they a junk...... but ask these same people that have flamed me and my truck, how many times my junk 6.0 has come to their rescue when their "not junk" leaves them sit on the shoulder......
[/RANT]

hossain69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

know and I will move it.

My family wants to start a business so we need a Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel . I

584833f79493b.jpg

Thanks guys.

Thank all of for your great information. I hope I will find what are looking for....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64