Fresh wash pics

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
sure does look good clean:thumbs
and are you time traveling to dec already???

Thanks to all!! And about the date on the camera, I'm Santa, and its always December. Do u like the new sleigh? Not even reindeer could beat a good ford diesel

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Hammer450r,

Just read your signature,

If you haven't already you should seriously consider getting rid of the K&N filter. I have used them before in other vehicles & motorcycles and they worked fine. But for the 7.3L Diesel it tend to let too many of the larger dust particles through and can do bad things to the engine over the long run. You can do a search and find out more details (or look down the air intake between the filter & turbo) but the bottom line is:

many oil analysis' have shown that this type of filter has not done good in the past.

Ford severe duty AIS, TYMAR & AFE stage II are some to consider......

Last edited:

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Buffalo said:
Hammer450r,

Just read your signature,

If you haven't already you should seriously consider getting rid of the K&N filter. I have used them before in other vehicles & motorcycles and they worked fine. But for the 7.3L Diesel it tend to let too many of the larger dust particles through and can do bad things to the engine over the long run. You can do a search and find out more details (or look down the air intake between the filter & turbo) but the bottom line is:

many oil analysis' have shown that this type of filter has not done good in the past.

Ford severe duty AIS, TYMAR & AFE stage II are some to consider......

Thats cool, thats why im here to learn, ill check it out.

I've done a oil change and a fuel filter change, what are some other things i should do to a 120,000 mile truck?

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
You'll get plenty of replies on that question. The two things that come to mind are an oil analysis from a place like Blackstone Labs (http://blackstone-labs.com/diesel_engines.html) and keeping a spare CPS (cam position Sensor).

The oil analysis costs $20 and will tell you how your engine looks from the inside. Money well spent in my opinion. :sweet

The CPS is a tricky animal. Some last 150K miles and some last 30K. Most folks keep a spare in the glove compartment for the "just in case scenario".

And as always, a Haynes repair manual (Autozone or O'Rielys) and this forum are two great places to learn about that engine.

Better start stashing money away now before the mod bug gets you!:burnit :burnit

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Buffalo said:
You'll get plenty of replies on that question. The two things that come to mind are an oil analysis from a place like Blackstone Labs (http://blackstone-labs.com/diesel_engines.html) and keeping a spare CPS (cam position Sensor).

The oil analysis costs $20 and will tell you how your engine looks from the inside. Money well spent in my opinion. :sweet

The CPS is a tricky animal. Some last 150K miles and some last 30K. Most folks keep a spare in the glove compartment for the "just in case scenario".

And as always, a Haynes repair manual (Autozone or O'Rielys) and this forum are two great places to learn about that engine.

Better start stashing money away now before the mod bug gets you!:burnit :burnit

Thanks for the info i think ill do the oil analysis, as far as the mod bug, i race quads MX style so all my extra cash goes to that brutaly expensive sport. Ill try to get some pics of the race bike today.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64