Help Needed From DownUnder

afterparty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi All,Im a Newbee so please excuse my ticulation.My 02` 4x4 F350 Powerstroke has no Forward or Reverse(no drive at all).Was driving on sealed road and 35mph and just "slipped out" of gear.Its an Automatic and i dont off road it at all,the Transoil is a little burnt but is/was serviced regulary.Any help muchly appreciated and thanked in advance.

afterparty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response,Also do i replace TC with a Unit without the Lock Up Cluth and what Advantage does this give me?Thanks Again

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
how many kilometers does the truck have?

you will definitely want to replace the TC with a lockup, and a lower stall speed unit if you can. i gained 2 MPG city driving with my low stall converter.

you want to be sure that you are replacing the failed part, and with autos there are a lot of things that can fail to make it stop driving.

afterparty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Trans was rebuilt 18mnts ago by Ford,and only travelled about 30,000kms since.

What other components could give me the same fault?
At Idle with my foot on the brake i run thru the gears and i can sort of feel a bump as if its selecting but still free revs when i take it off idle.
Also,i can definatley here a screeching(not loud)sound when im standing beside the vehicle just behind drivers side(LHS)behind front wheel.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
is the truck 4x4? is the t-case completely engaged into a drive position?

what happens if you raise the rear wheels off the ground and put it in gear, do the wheels spin at all?

did you check the fluid level with the engine running?

would the screeching noise sound like a pump whine?

for the americans (like me)..... 30 000 kilometer = 18 641 miles :D . too bad it was 18 months, because thats such little mileage that it would probably be a warranty issue on the replaced part.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14