front bumper ford vs aftermarket

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford wants $450 3c3z-17757-ba and amazon wants $250 . the reviews on amazon on the diften 1c3z17757-mma are very good. But like all aftermarket parts that i found on line use the same photo as the rest of the aftermarket photos. Any one have experience with aftermarket bumpers? i replaced my front bumper once before and it was a ford part number and i was not impressed on how flimsy it was. As old as it is now i don't think ford stocks this bumper anymore so they might be getting a aftermarket and selling me it as a ford bumper.I would think if it is a genuine ford bumper it should be stamped ford in it somewhere

Last edited:

Harley Monster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Unloadit - I went a step further on my '02 4X4 and ordered the Excursion Bumper, Excursion Grill, and Excursion Headlights and I am very pleased; friends tell me I really updated the look of the truck. The only mod I had to do was cut out the back of the non-structural plastic headlight buckets on the truck for which they provided a template, I used a HF body saw it worked great.

My son has an '03 and just put aftermarket big mirrors with turn signals on his and I think that will be my next upgrade.

Never sell that truck! They are irreplaceable! My son's 4X4 has a big flat black fabricated off-road bumpers front and rear with LED flood lights and a really nice LED lightbar across the top of the cab, has the leveling kit and he was offered $40,000 cash for it the other day! He said, "NO way!"

jobaa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket parts are nowhere near as good as genuine parts. There's a reason why they are cheaper. They are generally made of thinner materials. and they usually don't fit very well and the chrome bumpers will most likely start to rust in a few months depending upon the weather where you are. You're probably better off getting a good used one or having yours repaired by a reputable bumper repair shop.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an aftermarket rear bumper on a few years back, after crunching the original on a lamp post in the auto parts parking lot (there's a joke here somewhere). It is junky, has surface rust and some light scratches that suggest it was a 2nd from an aftermarket supplier. I didn't pay much, but I hate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58