Question Front End

waynebudke

Chris
Reaction score
I have a 2002 250 with a 7.3. I am wanting to upgrade the looks with the 05-07 front end. I have seen a couple of threads elsewhere where the whole front was changed. Bumper grill and lights. Has anyone here done this. Can you do just the lights and grill or is the bumper swap required. I think the 05-07 looks much cleaner and aggressive then the 02 front end. Not to mention all the lights have condensation to some degree or are clouding real bad. I do not want to go to the expense of replacing the bumper as well unless I absolutely have to. Thanks in advance for any info.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are getting into a ton of work. The 05 and up are different than the 2002, not much but enough to make you get a new front end or truck. Not worth the $$ in my opinion. Lights can be done fairly easily, but it is no cake walk.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do the work yourself you can do the hole thing for about $1000.00 in parts.
You can cut a 05-07 grill and add the headlights, but it just don't look right.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've seen kits sold on ebay and other companies that are direct bolt ons for the 99 to 04's. Its alot of money. Lots of people get the Harley Davidson edition headlights since they are blacked out. They look sick on our yr of trucks. Im just gonna get some nicer headlights and do a diff grille. I like my ugly front end on my truck haha. I blacked out my grille so far but will probably get somethin else. Lots of cool grilles out there. Do some searchin, you will def find somethin you like.

SGT Mudflap

Pull it son, PULL IT
Reaction score
A billit grill is a game changer man. I also got 04 maybe 05ish headlight. They where on the truck when I bought it.

This is my 03.
DSCN3569.jpg

Pay no attention to the bug guard. Thats for my Ranger. :D

SGT Mudflap

Pull it son, PULL IT
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. :thumbs

Dave :)

Thanks.

I looked into the swapping of the front end like the OP is. I almost pooped a kitten when I did my final talley for parts.

Didnt FX4 SDs come with color matched grills and such? That might be another option as well.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes they did, on certain trucks. You or your body shop can paint the grill insert, the body color, and the bumper, too.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64