FS-2500 bypass filter system

wcsmithiii0911

3Strike
Reaction score
Is there any kind of history available from current users? I mean someone like us who does not have another "dog in the hunt". I've sent for mine and plan to install this coming week. If it is half as good as advertised I'll be very pleased.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
my only objection to it is the price. The oilguard is the same thing but roughly 1/2 the price. oilguard.com

I dont have one yet but hope to eventually.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
my only objection to it is the price. The oilguard is the same thing but roughly 1/2 the price. oilguard.com

I dont have one yet but hope to eventually.

If you drive a 6.0 cost is not an issue between the two

The oilguard kit with the "rubber lines" is $486 from oilguard
http://www.oilguard.com/Merchant4/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mtm&Category_Code=racor1

I just ordered the FS2500 w/ "steel lines" for $489, only a $3 difference. The cost of the filters is pretty much a wash also & the rubber line kit is only $439.http://www.fs2500filter.com/index.htm#ordering

I'll post install info later.:D

Last edited:

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
The oilguard uses a much better filter, tightly wound cotton vs. a TP (literally toilet paper roll) filter. And as far as pricing, the oilguard was much cheaper, I bought my 6.0L kit w/ 3 extra filters and 3 analysis kits for $450, don't know what happened there.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Is there any kind of history available from current users? I mean someone like us who does not have another "dog in the hunt". I've sent for mine and plan to install this coming week. If it is half as good as advertised I'll be very pleased.

Mine showed up yesterday, you will not be disappointed with the construction of this filter. This is truly a product that was designed for commercial applications & designed for use under the most extreme conditions. Most products today are just built so cheap. From reading posts on other sites I was under the impression this system required drilling a hole in my oil pan for the return line & tapping into a sensor for the supply line. I was thrilled to see it came with the same aluminum replacement housing for the full flow housing that oilguard uses for the supply and fittings to use the oil pan drain point.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
FS must have lowered their prices. I spoke with a salesman last year and they were making changes to their sales system and the price at that time was $550. I guess they started feeling the competition.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
FS must have lowered their prices. I spoke with a salesman last year and they were making changes to their sales system and the price at that time was $550. I guess they started feeling the competition.

The manufacturer is still high. I ordered from these guys. www.fs2500filter.com

The manufacturer quoted. normal price $589, discounted to $489, & they wanted $59 for the stainless lines upgrade. + shipping would have been $560-575. So I would avoid the manufacturer and buy from a distributor if your interested.

The discount seems to be a constant, there's always something - for readers of this mag, for users of this oil, anyone born on a Tuesday! there's always something. I doubt anyone pays the $589 price.

I will be posting my costs/results/OA/maintenance schedule to a web page for everyone here to see. Everyone should have an honest evaluation of the system w/o the marketing hype.

Hey Tx; I just noticed you're driving a '97' 7.3 - that's why the oilguard is cheaper for your application.

Last edited:

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I will be very interested in your installation write up. I am about ready to pull the trigger on the FS2500 also.

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Oilguard recently, and until then they had the old price listed on the 6.0 installation page. Although they had the correct current price listed elsewhere on the site they still honored the old price, so I bought it on the spot. Very nice of them.

Sorry I couldn't alert any of you, but they had the old price deleted before I could even get a screen shot. All in all, I'm very happy with both the product and the service. And I had been looking at the FS2500 for some time but never liked the drain plug return line. Now I hear they are going to change that...

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah....I called them yesterdy and they are going to the same set up as the Oilguard and the Amsoil with the replacement caps.

I can buy the filter canister cheap but they want $250 for just the hoses and caps!!! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track