Question Fuel additive

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've been doing some reading about some of the fuel additives out on the market and the claims they are making such as moisture removal, fuel mileage increase, fuel injector cleaning...and so on. Anyone have any experience with the products on the market? Any favorites or any I should shy away from. I'd appreciate any feedback...Thanks!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a fuel conditioner actually increase diesel mileage. I don't care what they claim. I use Bio diesel to clean the fuel system and make the truck run smoother and QUIETER. Try it your self.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'bout the Only additive accepted, or used by us SSD PSD folks is Diesel Kleen, by Power service (Wal-Mart, Grey jug). It has a cetane booster and seems to do a good job of cleaning the fuel system and injectors... with a dose every now'n then.

There ARE other additives that some use.. but beware of the "Miracle/Snake Oil stuff ? :dunno

Joe

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
That's why I go to you guys...the folks that are actually using (or not) these products. There's so much fluff out there, ya never know what or who to believe. I included a link below of some of the products I was researching. Some of them are claiming 8%-10% increase in fuel mileage. I'm skeptical! I mean if the product is cleaning injectors, removing moisture and particulates from the system, reducing emmissions ...etc. Then of course your truck is running more efficient therefore mileage "should" increase slightly...maybe...

Diesel Fuel Additives - Stanadyne, Flashlube, Royal Purple, Bullydog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64