Help Needed fuel building up in my oil

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
Im a first time Diesel owner i bought my truck used with 75k on it the ford dealership i bought it at told me they went over the truck with a fine tooth comb hmmm really?
I do my own oil changes with Royal Purple 15 40 the first oil change there was about 2L extra oil in it it seemed wierd to me i just did my 90k oil change an there was about 4L extra but it seemed really runny I read Diesel Power an Diesel World an from some of the tip in the mags it seem maybe I have a blow injector or a craked head uhg.

If anyone can help me on this with a lil more info would be awesome thank you for checking my post
Have a black smoke filled day haha =]

dpantazis

Reaction score
welcome to SDD.com

those magazines are crap-don't believe everything that they publish.

yes, you have an issue with fuel contamination in the oil. seems that folks benefit from a re-flash to reduce or eliminate it. related to regen function. search here, there is some recent threads on it.

not sure about CA, but in the states the warranty on the motor is to 100K miles.

bottom line, if you have warranty, USE IT!

dp

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to SDD.com

those magazines are crap-don't believe everything that they publish.

yes, you have an issue with fuel contamination in the oil. seems that folks benefit from a re-flash to reduce or eliminate it. related to regen function. search here, there is some recent threads on it.

not sure about CA, but in the states the warranty on the motor is to 100K miles.

bottom line, if you have warranty, USE IT!

dp

what he said.;tu

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I wouldn't go 15 K to an oil change. 2nd, I'd get a delete kit, I hear that with out regen you don't get fuel building up in your oil, and don't get a cheap one.

The cracked head would be in an HUEI trucks, ours aren't, could be an injector but it's most probably blow by from when the truck is in regen.

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
thanks for the info as with the dpf yes my 6.4 runs the regen alot more then people say it should I bought a edge cs I think it may be the calprit to the regens due that I don't have the dpf delete yet but I am looking into getting one asap

to add Im pullin 28-31 mpg empty on the hwy just with the edge cs that help some!

I tend to build the truck up for daily driving, hot shots an pilot trucking, an to do a lil drag racing an sled pulling!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no way you are getting 31 mpg in a Super Duty Diesel truck. You might be getting 21 mpg but not 31 mpg.

Dave

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
may i ask how useing the edge will mess stuff up is there a better tuner to use like bully dog or sct?
wow im at a total lose of knowledge on this stuff an no i don't want to have it pack it in early. is it useing the edge with out the dpf delete that will screw things up? :/

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
may i ask how useing the edge will mess stuff up is there a better tuner to use like bully dog or sct?
wow im at a total lose of knowledge on this stuff an no i don't want to have it pack it in early. is it useing the edge with out the dpf delete that will screw things up? :/

an when i stated my mpg that just what my dash read out said it might have been slightly down hill but still on the throtal a bit maybe the edge screw that up to uhg i feel like such a newbie lol :dunno

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(maybe the edge screw that up to,)
Yes most of the time it will give you a high MPG reading.
Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58