fuel contamination

dbryant1928

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 superduty f350 with the 6.4l turbocharged engine. It recently started missng and then eventually died and would not start back up. I pulled both of the fuel filters off and replaced them and attempted to start it only to eventually burn my starter up. Thinking it was under warranty I then sent it to the dealer at which time they sold me a new starter and air filter and labor at a tune of $1,094. After they put the starter on they said that the high pressure side would not pump up and that the entire fuel system was contaminated and then they told me how much. $9,837.00!!!!!! Needless to say I went and had the truck towed back to my shop. I took the horizontal fuel conditioner module off the frame rail, pulled the filter and took the side plate off where I could see in the veins of the module. It was full of sludge. I cleaned it out thoroughly, reinstalled it and when the pump comes on you can hear it flowing back to the tank. My scanner gave a 006B and a p2435. FYI. The truck will almost start but cant quite get on the step. I use this truck daily and could really use any advice to help me get it going. Thanks for any advice that you might have

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
flowing back to the tank?
I was unaware the 6.4 was a regulated return system..

anyway.. take an injector out and see if that same sludge is present there.

dbryant1928

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I dropped the tank last night and started from ground zero. There was alot of debris and some H20 as well. I am going to work my way to the front clearing any contamination along the way. Since the injectors are so hard to get to I am going to save them for last. I am beginning to wonder if my fuel pump hasnt been damaged by all of this. Hopefully this evening I can put my tank back up and check my fuel pressure. Thanks for responding.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Not if the fuel was contaminated. The warranty only covers defects in workmanship and parts. It's not Ford's fault if you put contaminated fuel in your truck.

dbryant1928

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well we do have our tickets and have considered going back on the filling station that we fill up at. The truck has a 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper but it did not cover it because they called it neglect. I have got the tank cleaned out, the lines, the hfcm, replaced both primary and secondary fuel filters, replaced the fuel pump. Getting a p2453 dtc or dpf. Could this code cause the truck not to run? Thanks for all of your replies

dbryant1928

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Beaten

Well, I finally broke down today and threw in the towel. After nearly burning up another starter, I found an individual who is suppossed to be a veteran 6.4l mechanic. I will let you guys know what the final outcome is from this costly occurence. Thanks again.... David B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58