Fuel gauge stuck

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up tonight, got back in the truck, fired it up and the fuel gauge stayed on 1/8. Right where it was when I pulled into the gas station. My overhead is working correctly, but my low fuel light is still on. First time this has ever happened. Any ideas?

Thanks

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lone_star_dsl said:
Filled up tonight, got back in the truck, fired it up and the fuel gauge stayed on 1/8. Right where it was when I pulled into the gas station. My overhead is working correctly, but my low fuel light is still on. First time this has ever happened. Any ideas?

Thanks

Find a REALLY bumpy road and drive over it at high speed. When my fuel gauge stuck that's what I did and it became rapidly un-stuck.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Find a REALLY bumpy road and drive over it at high speed. When my fuel gauge stuck that's what I did and it became rapidly un-stuck.

I figured that it was just stuck. There are plenty of bumpy roads on the way to work. I will report back my findings tomorrow.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove about 80 miles today in town. (searching out parts for my new tymar:D ) It took all of those 80 miles to make the gauge move. The weird thing was, it came up SLOWLY. It never made a rapid return to the full position. Oh well, it's works now.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
The fact that it never made a rapid return is probably fine. I fill mine up while its running and it takes about 50 miles on the highway for it to finally register full. So it probly dislogged itself, then took several miles to creep its way up.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I think the fuel gauge is dampened just like the other gauges in the dash. When I dropped my tank I ran a couple of days below quarter tank in case I had to do it again. I never noticed the gauge move much when I know there was alot of slosh going on. Below a half tank, I think the fuel gauge would bounce up and down if it wasn't dampened!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg