Fuel Pump

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well my pump is only able to produce 61psi at idle and it drops 10 psi at wide open throttle in my extreme program, 5psi in the others. :( This is shimmed .075 using a DI kit.

Do you guys recommend a new pump?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Back when I first shimmed in October, I used a .055 and got 65psi. I then saw a slow drop in pressure back at the beginning of March. I thought filter needed changing but that didn't help. Shimmed with a .075 and yielded my about 68psi.

That's where I was before the bad load of fuel. My gauged crapped out shortly after. Replaced it after dropping the tank last weekend. I did the in tank and got rid of the leaky fitting on the feed line.Now all I hold is around 60 at idle. I don't know what it did at WOT before.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
OK, now I see your developing problem............... a fuel pump may be in order, but in regards to your other thread I think I would do the IPR rebuild first to remedy the surging, then go after the fuel pressure issue.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Mike! :sweet We are thinking pretty much the same way.

The only thing that bothers me is that I'm about to go on a 250 mile roundtrip to get my kids and then return(250 again)them on Sunday. I've got my gauge mounted temporarily where I can see it on the cowl. So if the FP drops I'll know it.

I'll be hitting the IPR probably Monday finally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim