fuel pump???

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Alright, on my way to work ( roughly hour drive ) my fuel gauge got a lil screwy. See when I left this mornin' it read 3/4 tank full. Well on my way to work it climbed back up to full with over 200 miles on trip meter ( which should put it close or at half tank ). Then it dropped back down to 3/4 an stayed there? Well my last truck was a dodge and when the pump went out on it, gauge went crazy and truck was hard to start. Ford has been hard to start yet or have crazy fuel gauge syndrome either. Oh well, gettin long winded, so any help y'all have would be GREAT!! Thanks in adavance!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My first thought would be the float level sensor(can't recall the official part name) or a possible ground.

I'll take a gander at the service manual for any other possibilities.

Bill

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I've had mine go to EMPTY and stay a while when there was 1/2 tank or better. But it eventually came back. Has not done it lately though. :dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
This morning mine went to empty when there was 3/8ths of a tank last night. It came back up slowly within a couple of miles. In the past it has gone to full when around a half tank but did not come back down until it was shutdown. :dunno I think it has done weird stuff 3 or 4 times but has always returned to normal.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a wiring problem; Going to "F" = open. To "E" = short.

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
I dunno..hasn't acted up since? Probably possessed? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14