fuel trouble

dieselnoob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
howdy im new to diesel so bare wit me i got a 1992 f250 wit 7.3 liter non power stroke last summer jus an old beater truck now im having trouble wit a few things started out by stallin out randomly i changed the filter didnt help then i discovered i had a fuel leak fixed that now dont wanna stay runnin at all is fuel pump bad or is it air in line or sumtin elese ima change pump tomorrow the manual pump that is 28.00 dollars lol i no if i dump fuel in the filter it will set an idol a min or two but not much elese so i jus figured its the pump can u help or does the line need bleed an whats the best way to do that thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Pump and ENGLISH.

Dave

x2
English would help...

but..
judging from the age of your truck and where you live (salt belt) I'd be looking for a rusty spot on the fuel lines where it's sucking air.

Don't condemn the pump just yet.

ih1947kb3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My boss has a 93 that set for quite a while and we ended up putting new fuel lines from front to back for both tanks, ended up spending 60 bucks or so on new quick couplers and 3/8 line and it fixed the problem so if i was to guess that would be my bet and it would be cheaper than haveing the injector pump worked on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64