fumoto risk?

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about getting one of those neat fumoto valves. On my oil pan it would stick straight down. The truck is a 4x4 so there is some protection from the axle. I am scared about bustin it off. I have been told the 6.0 won't run without oil, but is that any type of insurance? What do ya'll think? Is there realy that much added risk, or would somthing that would break the valve still screw up the pan if the valve wasn't there? Opinions or experiance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JRJ04

Reaction score
you are gonna have to knock the absolute crap out of something (and i mean hard) to knock that thing out. It would have to be so hard that it rips the thing out of the threads and would probably bend the pan too.

Needless to say...if youre doing that serious of off roading, id be worried about covering up other stuff too.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you hit the pan hard enough to knock off the fumoto valve, you will break the crankshaft, or at least tear the pan. I have over 110,000 miles with my valve and I love it. Makes oil changes simple! :)

Dave

Fine69

Reaction score
I've considered the Fumoto valve too, but what about losing the magnet in the factory drain plug? Any metal that MAY be in your engine just stays in there. Or, is that something not worth even worrying over?

JRJ04

Reaction score
even before i put my fumoto valve in...i never had metal shavings on the plug...if you do have metal shavings youve probably got bigger issues anyways.

Fine69

Reaction score
I've considered the Fumoto valve too, but what about losing the magnet in the factory drain plug? Any metal that MAY be in your engine just stays in there. Or, is that something not worth even worrying over?

Thats why I wrote this, just saying with a Fumoto you wouldn't know if you do have any metal in your oil. ALL engines will have some wear metals in the oil, I think I'd rather have a magnet grabbing what COULD be in there.

Fine69

Reaction score
As far as I know they're brass. I'm probably being OVER cautious here, I've really never heard any bad things about a Fumoto. Just thought I'd ask.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58