Gauge selection

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am overdue on a gauge install and I was wondering if anyone out there monitors their ZF6 tranny temp? I like the 3 gauge pod under the cubby hole but I really only feel I need to monitor the EGT and Boost. I tow our boat which weighs in about 6000# or so wet. I know heat is much more crucial in an auto than a manual. I really don't think I need to watch the temp in it. Any opinions?

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt worry about watching the temp on your tranny unless you want another guage, i dont think temp is really an issue on a manual

Last edited:

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual transmission temps arent as big of a deal unless you are towing something extremely heavy or abusing it. From my experiences that is what i know about a temp gauge on a manual. Although i do have one in one truck in my Fleet. I have never noticed any problem with the temp going too high and this truck gets used VERY VERY hard. I towed 38,000lbs up a steep grade and it didnt get too warm. Only had to downshift into 6th gear and i was cruising in 8thgear. (Its a 10spd in a F650 with a Big CAT Diesel)

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think I'll be OK not monitoring it. All of the gearboxes in a Blackhawk are temp monitored but if I have a problem with my tranny I can pull over. If I have a problem with my tail rotor gearbox I'm sort of screwed. Sitting in the cockpit today got me thinking about this but I'll fill the hole with another gauge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64