Gauges are in.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I installed my gauges yesturday. Took all day and a couple trips to the hardware store. So, I was surprised by my EGT's. Just driving around 6- 700(expected) WOT 900(expected). Now, I live at the top of a mile long 12% grade. WOT all the way up I quickly got to 1200. Just wondering if that sounds normal with the intake and exhaust I have? I ask because I often run WOT on this hill and never realized it was getting that hot. Also, I'm planning on adding a multi-pos. chip and was wondering if the temps are going to be higher after the chip because I realize 1200 is pretty close to red line.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds a little hot for no chip. What is a putco grill with vent inserts? Could it be blocking any air off the intercooler? Did you put the pyro probe pre or post turbo?

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Sounds a little hot for no chip. What is a putco grill with vent inserts? Could it be blocking any air off the intercooler? Did you put the pyro probe pre or post turbo?

The grille is a stainless tubular insert over the stock, but I doubt its very restrictive.

The pyro is pre-turbo.

V Grille V

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
1200 pre is not too bad but don't go much higher. You might find that a mild burn will cool it down a little.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Silly question here, but you state WOT running up this hill to your home. What was your engine RPM and boost levels at doing this? I have a feeling you were possibly lugging the engine and not getting the air in for a complete burn. Turn that puppy at 3000 rpms with 20 pounds of boost and I bet she climbs that hill at 900°F.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
You know since I just put them in I was paying all attention to my new gauges and never even looked at RPMs, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't lugging. I do KNOW the boost was right at 20. I'll check those RPM's next time. One thing I just thought of though was I normally turn off OD when running around in these hills but its possible I neglected to do it that time, again new gauges on the mind , and with my mind chewing gum without falling down is a task. So I'll check that next time as well.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ehhhh, with 20 lbs of boost you should have had plenty of air to burn the oil...... Air filter fresh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14