Help Needed GEM & 4x4L

tbtrammell

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 350 4x4 srw cc 6-speed with electric shift on the transfer, been driving it without a shift motor for 3 years,( with the shift motor removed a 9/16 wrench will shift it) bought the new shift motor a little over 2 years ago, the delay for installing was a broken bolt in the transfer case, finally last sunday i decided it was time to extract the bolt and install the new shift motor. now it will shift to 4 high but no 4 low. hooked it to a decoder and everthing checked fine,( brake, clutch, and 4x4 switches ). i also have a 00 350 4x4 drw cc 6-speed, so i swapped the GEM and it worked fine. i looked very close at the pc boards of both GEM's and did not see anything burnt or different except the keyless entry on the 00. Does anyone know were to get GEM's repaired or what the best solution might be ?

tbtrammell

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I guess i'm the only person in the US that has this problem, no one else has had any experience with the GEM in the Superduty's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
So I guess i'm the only person in the US that has this problem, no one else has had any experience with the GEM in the Superduty's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're the only person in the US that has this problem at 2am anyway.. :innocent

you swapped the GEMs and it will shift into all ranges?
well, I think you found your problem..
repaired? :dunno
I'm pretty sure you can get them reman
and a boneyard unit might work as well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya