getting the truck repainted. need some ideas

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
hey guys. i'm about to get the truck repainted. it has needed a new outter bed skin and both front fenders for awhile. paint isn't horrible on the truck but i figure paint this old will be very hard to match the colors up so all paint and body work is on the list.

The truck is Oxford White. i don't want to change colors b/c this is VERY expensive to do correctly, but i do want to make the paint a little less boring. i want to add in a color. that color would be "Blue Flame". this is the new bright blue ford is putting on their 2009 trucks. i want to put this color on the truck somewhere, BUT i don't know what to do with it. i'm up in the air of whether i want to put it in as a stripe in the middle of the body like the original 2 tone trucks were or on the bottom like a normal 2 tone or down the center of the truck as a racing stripe or dual racing strips.... i simply don't know what i want. Give me some ideas guys!!! what do y'all think would look good???

Here is a pic of the truck the way it is currently. it will get chrome stacks/stack eventually

Last edited:

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
:2cI would do the new blue on the top of the truck down to the factory body line groove at the height of the top of the headlight, so top, hood etc. basically the top 1/3 of the truck blue and the bottom white or a darker silver grey. I think it would look nice, just my 2 cents.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Armchair Paint & Body Work

Ok, I had a few minutes to play around with some photo editing software so I came up with some examples of what your truck might look like with some new paint. It's so much easier to decide when you can actually SEE what the finished product will be! :sweet (Nice truck too!)

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
Nice work Empty.The first one looks exactly how I pictured and looks good. That is a sweet way to see how it could look. I still like that body style better than all others, just couldn't find one clean enough with low miles w/ 8ft box in a crew cab. All I could find ones that were really used as a work truck and beat and banged up.:sweet

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64