Question Go-peddle NO Juice

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled my truck up, reversed, put in drive, no throttle response...just idle.

I looked at the throttle position assy and can't see anything binding. The cable that runs down to it is fairly tight, not extreme enough for me to think it's pulled something loose.

Maybe it's the throttle position sensor but any ideas on how to test or diagnose? Other ideas, please!?

Good news it happened in my drive after hauling a trailer back home, bad news it's blocking the door with the car!! :eek:

Thank you in advance.

mrpowerstrokeman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it is your pedal assembly, the cable your pulling on is for your adjustable pedals! replace your pedal assembly and everything will be ok!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no cable in the throttle mechanism. It is fly by wire. I don't have a test for it, other than to replace the throttle assembly.

Dave

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks DB. I pulled the connector, cleaned, put on, same problem. It seems clean. So I removed the entire pedal assy and ordered the replacement tonight from Wabash Ford. Seems it's a complete unit. The cable I referred to was the wiring cable and it is pretty tight up to a bundle of wires above.

Can you replace just the senors in this assy (maybe to keep as a spare)? There are five pins and I read somewhere there's 3 sensors so I'm assuming it's Vref, ground and 3 sensor voltages. Is there a pin-out online?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14