Help Needed goes back to my WFS AGAIN!!

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if you guys remember my post previously about my wfs light constantly coming on. buuuut i drained it again today since the light came back on.... notice a redish color at first coming out...inspect plug and low and behold.....yep you guess it RUST!! what in the world???!!! anywho, help needed on figuring out why or how i could get rust in there...:dunno

maybe time to trade in.....:(

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the tank and clean it Or replace it. I would go with the replacement.

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fuel/water sensor-module that is bolted to the side of the pump. There is a bi-metal
sensor inside the module that gets rusty from condensation and when that happens the
water in fuel light will never go out until you replace the module sensor make sure to clean out the inside galley of the pump before bolting on the new one,yah theres going to be some nasty stuff come out of there new tanks,old tanks, you will always have condensation,etc and its the pump filter and module that keeps it out of the fuel line after the pump filter, pull the pump filter and inspect the filter pump housing if its conatminated,drop the tank because eventially it will make it through both filters to the injectors and then you'll want to hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man hopefully i dont have to replace the tank...that would suck... if it came down to that i would probably buy the Titan tank they are about 600-800 if i remember right or atleast they were back in 08 when i sold accessories. local stealer service dept said i need to replace the whole setup which is about $175... debating...replace sensor and clean where i can get to and clean off plug really good or just buy all new............

either way thanks for the help guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58