Going to the track tonight!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Going to test and tune tonight! :thumbs Running the Evo this weekend. Hopefully I can pedal this thing into the 15's. Have DHRA race in Lubbock Sunday, hopefully I'm not the only diesel there. -mad

Anyone else going to the track this weekend?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going racing next friday night. Last time I was at the track was in houston for the Nowell Thomas memorial drags. Ran low 16's and I was one of the SLOWEST trucks!!

Next friday (april 15th) is the gerhardts diesel drags at No Problem Raceway. Its actually test/tune night, but they are setting 2 lanes aside for the diesels to race each other.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
20 runs!! :eek: $15 + fuel, tires and oil :p Money well spent...LOL!

Walked a mustang in the 1/8th, he tattooed me at the light but I had him by the 60' through the 1/8th where he already had a 4mph and coming on hard charge! I actually ran a better ET but he took me at the tree. :roflmao

S-10 with a v-8 was a good race, same topend killed me. 2 HEMI 4 door Dodges were close too I got one of them but the other edged me by .02 & .06. :thumbs They weren't spinning as bad at the line like I was. 2nd gear is almost useless and had to pedal! Consistent 2.4 and 2.5 60' times. :( Best was 16.155 @ 85mph. That's close to my best that was way lower in Baytown. :thumbs

I hope tomorrow, in Lubbock, they don't enforce DHRA rules. The Evo smokes like a train off the line! :D Haven't come up with a smoke tube, and I'm not doing stacks. Glad I don't have duals!

Daryl,

I was right there with you in the 16's at the NT drags. In trials was doing 16.3s 16'4s. Dialed in at 16.3, got beat but still broke out at 16.09 which is my best to date in this vehicle. :sweet

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats pretty good times for a handshaker!!

I've got yo beat in the 60ft times. (2.09) but then Im running 4wd too.

All I was running for mods at the drags was my SCMT tuner in 80hp mode. I dont blow smoke until I load a 5.6k resistor into the ICP and stack it with the tuner.

I figure with the 10k mod loaded back in, and the SCMT, I should be able to break into the 15.99's hahahahaha.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
thats pretty good times for a handshaker!!

I've got yo beat in the 60ft times. (2.09) but then Im running 4wd too.

Thanks!

Wait until I get my slicks, air bags and a BD shifter! :cool: I was barking the heck out of them when shifting into 4th! :D Be nice to have a video camera.

I haven't had the ICP mod hooked up for a couple months. I know it doesn't play well with the DI chip so I didn't even try. My TS chip, I could feel it in the lower settings. The time in my sig was with it in and Extreme. Maybe I'll throw it in tomorrow. It's switchable so we'll see the difference in times. It will probably make it harder to pedal when I'm spinning. BUT people say they pick up three tenths going from our track to Lubbock....they VHT the track! :thumbs

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they VHT the Seattle track also. I ran there in 2wd and barely squeaked a tire. At baytown, I blew the tires out from under the truck until I got into 2nd gear. Thats when I decided to run 4wd. MUCH better!

Yeah, the 10k mod is known to hurt guys on the TOP END with chips. I've also noticed that guys with the taller tires (35's and 37's) kill me on the big end, but I eat them up off the line. Most of the trucks that beat me, I was in front of for the first part of the track, and then they reeled me in and spit me out at the finish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg