Good news for Bad Fords

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
so does that mean i can go get mine fixed/checked??? i need to get my oil changed neways...im up to 4000 already LoL

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
260,000 trucks heading for the dealer may cause a bit of a backup in the service bays. I am glad I do most of my own work.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer replaced my FICM wiring harness last month and did not fix the problem. Had it into my dealer this week because there was a diesel engineer from Ford there this week. He drove it and could not duplicate the surging/bucking/kicking/stalling, of course. :dunno However, he did some investigating and came up with a couple of codes P0403 (wiring shorts, I think) and P0405 which I think is the EGR. Anyway he authorized my dealer to replace the ENTIRE engine wiring harness, plus replace the FICM harness, the one just put on, with an updated version (aparently they just put the same type on the last go round! :guns: and they will be replacing the EGR. Makes me feel good that they are replacing the FICM again because when I popped the hood to look at it after they were done, it did not look like the replacement that I had seen in a pix on another website. The new one looks way more protected. I can't imagine the tab Ford will be picking up for a total replacement of the engines wiring harness. Glad it aint me! -popcorn I'll just keep drivin the Ford 500 they let me borrow until there done.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey its been a while since i checked this part of the website could someone tell me this website cause the link isnt lettin me get on i would like to know what it is about because im catchin hell from everyone sayin my truck is going to start doing this before long and that i bought a piece but just like more info thanks

05 f250 xlt 6spd ext cab-4inch exhaust,afe intake,and quadz xzt(just put it on)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58