Got bit by the batteries yesterday

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by 01yellerCobra, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

Drove to work fine yesterday morning. Then when it was time to leave I hit the remote start and nothing happened. Thought I messed up the buttons. Got inside and turned the key and was welcomed with the sound of a clicking starter. Thankfully someone came by and gave me a jump. Especially since I work on base now.

A couple weeks ago I noticed a slow start, but it was one time and I forgot about it. Guess I should have had them checked.

No real question here. Just an FYI to keep up on your batteries.

2. 01yellerCobra

So it looks like it wasn't the batteries. I went to pull them tonight and both positive cable ends broke. I ordered the replacements I found online. Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow.

3. RSG

RSG Full Access Member

well that's cheaper...

4. 01yellerCobra

Much. But I still see some work ahead of me. The batteries will be replaced in the next couple months because I don't like how the passenger battery is looking. And I think a new positive harness is on the list judging by some of the corrosion I saw.

Oh, I forgot to snap a picture of the part number. So here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y80GZE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title