Got my KC’s installed

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished doing the light install and though I would post a link to the photos I took. Now all I need to do is finish up the wiring.

Mark

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Mark looks like a healthy Light and antenna farm going on :)

Make the rain go away so you can get out there to wrap up the wiring :sweet

Install's looking sweet :cool:

Bill

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a friend who did that type of install and it was a PAIN to drive with them on. The light would throw a shadow over the windhsield and hood because of the roofline. It was like trying to look thru a waterfall if there was any moisture in the air. The light would reflect back so badly.

They were fine if you were OUTSIDE the truck, but in the drivers seat. uhg.

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
I used to run KC's on the top but all I'd end up seeing is dust, those puppies are bright!

Found that they help out more on the bumper, less reflection of the light.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany,

We run both high and low... we run 4 HID long range lights up high and 2 HID wide areas on the bumper...

But we run the upper lights above the front window area and aim way out in front to keep the glare off the hood...

I agree though, lights and dust do not work... I hate night races for that very reason... you cannot run in someones dust like you can in a day race... unless you shut off your lights and just chase the other guys tail lights... but that is way illegal and sometimes even more dangerous.

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason that I got them was on those times when we pull into a camping spot, and its dark and I can’t see S*(&. I wonted to make sure that I put a lot of light on the subject! A SWEET 150w of pure light! At my age I don’t have the night vision that I did 20 years ago! They will also help when I’m out Quail hunting and driving on the back roads at night. I don’t drive them very fast, so I hope the glare and dust won’t be too bad. It wasn’t that bad when I had the same type of setup on my Toyota 4x4 truck.

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr