got some goodies ordered for the ol 95

CLR95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brian, washers work good and pipe nipples work really good as well... Quad I am not sure what it is but oh well not too worried about it.. I am not on the interstate enough for it to affect me. 95_stroker... you don't think he has spent enough money on rims and tires and such, now he needs a new bumper lol. Guess it might be a good excuse for the lil lady :p

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
I'm all dropped out on cash now :( need to sell some junk so I can get the new ring & pinions in.

I got er shimmed out a lil with about 6 washers on each bolt & it gave it a bit more that I dont have to worry about hitting while on highway but it looks like I'll still have to take a sawzall to the lower inner lip & take some off so when it gets in a bind I wont have to worry about getting into a tire.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Renegade said:
looks like I'll still have to take a sawzall to the lower inner lip & take some off so when it gets in a bind I wont have to worry about getting into a tire.
When you did the Dana 60 did you do a shackle reversal? If your shackles are still in the front you will need a little more clearance but if you have the shackle reversal the tires will move back not forward when the suspension flexes.

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
no shackle reversal, though I would like too someday & replace my rear superlift 4" springs with some different brand taller springs so I can do away with the 6" rear block.

I did a quick speedo check last night to & from work with my GPS - 65 in OD ='s 1570 rpm 65 in 3rd ='s 2180 rpm. This thing with the stock gears is ready to take on the salt flats of bonneville :roflmao

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Took the ol rig on fishing trip this long break, left in 3rd with the OD locked out - roughly 500 mile round trip with most highway miles thru the hill country of southern & eastern Wv with the tires & tall gears - 14-16 mpg.

EGT's werent a problem at all except when I tried to use OD a couple times as the temps would climb quick due to the low lugging of the engine.

Tires did great in a big rainstorm on the way back & almost no roadnoise that can be heard over the purr of the PSD.

Now for my rant & this really gets my goat -mad

I ordered up these tires & wheels fully expecting that they would have the proper center caps to fit a pre super duty truck since our bolt pattern was so easy to get - after getting over a dozen caps from 4 wheel parts there isnt a one in the pile that will work on the front or rear. This was after sitting on the phone with Weld's customer service guy Brett & then contacting Prestige who makes/imports their caps which they pretty much refused to help by acting surprised that Weld would send me to them for a cap to fit the truck :cussing:

That really chaps my :bootyshak

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I know that Weld has center-caps that fit our trucks. The wheels that you got won't even fit a SD so they are just screwing up. Keep on them and you should end up with the right ones sooner or later..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58