GPR Bypass switch

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Anyone ever do one on these newer 7.3s?

I had to 'jump' the GPR today just to get my truck to start. And that just got me thinking... Why replace that $70+ part when I can just manually toggle my GP's on or off with a switch...

Thoughts?

Travis

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
you could put a toggle on to manually turn them on, but you will still need a relay, unless your thinkin of somethin i've never heard of? i would just get a Stancore relay they seem to work good and last

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
The glow plugs draw a great deal of current and a by-pass switch would have to be huge to handle the current. That is why there is a relay there.
Jim

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The glow plugs draw a great deal of current and a by-pass switch would have to be huge to handle the current. That is why there is a relay there.
Jim

And..... The PCM/ECM might want to cycle the GPR~GP's several times, depending on temp data recieved from things like.. EOT, ECT, AAT and other stuff.. Who knows how many Codes might get set.. (CEL too ?) if it couldn't do it ???

Might wana research that one a bit ?

The EPA has us by the Short Hairs theze dayz.

GOOD IDEA THOUGH. If you try it, and it works.. Let us know ? Lots of Heavy Equipment and Big Trucks have (or HAD) a "Engine Heat/Cold Start" button or switch.. BUT... Back to the EPA issues.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64