Grille options??

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
i'm looking at doing something with the stock grill. I've already painted the gray section a nice flat black, but I want it to be different from most other super duty on the road. I'm looking for a black grill to go with my blacked out theme. but i don't mind a little chrome. i'm also not trying to spend $600+ for a freakin RBP grill. not a fan of them anyway.

Here's a couple links i found to ones i'm considering and wanting everyone's opinion on it. Positive or negative, let me have it. also. please feel free to posts pic or links of ones to consider.

1999-2004 Ford F-250 Vertical Billet Grille-Black By Spec D HG-F25099JMVT

Truck Accessories, Auto Accessories, Truck Parts, Van Accessory Center

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of vertical bars. Our trucks look better, in my opinion, with horizontal bars. It goes with the lines of the truck and doesn't look like a Mercury. Get what ever makes your skirt blow up.

Dave :)

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of vertical bars. Our trucks look better, in my opinion, with horizontal bars. It goes with the lines of the truck and doesn't look like a Mercury. Get what ever makes your skirt blow up.

Dave :)

I'd say lincoln....like the F150 versions. But same difference. I like the second one better out of those 2.

I was thinking about doing something with my truck, thought maybe I'd share since you are beating me to it. I was gonna get my truck repainted black, with a black front/rear diamond plate ranch hand bumpers. And instead of like where your tan color is, have black rhino liner applied. I notice that when I wash my truck that's the roughest area from road debris. I think a full rhino liner application would be pretty cool (wouldn't worry about them buggies anymore) but I think it would be too unique if I ever wanted to sell it.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2nd one looks better to me, but I know what ya mean about makin yours stand out. I'm the same way. That's what makes it yours :)

Personally, I'd want to keep my big truck looking different than the smaller models so that someone doesn't get it mixed up with one.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
# 1 looks like it came off'a Buick.

#2 looks REAL good, but I'd be worried about a Bird Strike (?)

FWIW :dunno I went with yer common "Billit Grille".. but painted it semi-gloss black (Avitar). Don't see many (if any) of them around... like that. Makes it sorta.."Mine" ?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
If i had the money, what id love to do is get colormatched Tan Line-X on both bumpers, grill, rocker panels and bedcaps and fender flares after i get them.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i had the money, what id love to do is get colormatched Tan Line-X on both bumpers, grill, rocker panels and bedcaps and fender flares after i get them.

I think I saw someone with red line-x on their truck...and it was fading, and black doesn't fade.:dunno It would look pretty sweet though.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
from what i read, the new Line-X XTRA is not supposed to fade and keep it looking freshly sprayed.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58