gutting dpf

JRJ04

Reaction score
in short...my vote is...dont do it.

thats an $1800 part that you would be trashing. If you are going for the appearance of having a dpf, but dont want one...I would suggest finding a machine shop to fabricate you something that looks like it, and it will cost you a lot less.

That way, if by some chance you were to ever HAVE to have a working DPF...you aren't SOL and having to buy a $2000 part

ducky1402

Reaction score
Yeah well just bought one off a wrecked truck so now I have mine and one to mutilate.:D

JRJ04

Reaction score
Yeah well just bought one off a wrecked truck so now I have mine and one to mutilate.:D

haha...well in that case...:stir:D

But yes, you will need a tuner to shut the regen cycle off. You dont have to add any power or change anything...you can keep it stock, but you have to shut that program off. Otherwise, you'll be squirting raw diesel into the exhaust, and that will just be messy.

ducky1402

Reaction score
yep all that is handled too, just hoping someone has an idea or has gutted one before before i start getting my hands all sooted up inside of it :rant

ducky1402

Reaction score
high end salvage yards or go on ebay if there isn't one on ebay currently there will be i paid 350 for mine..... its definatly more than just a delete pipe but i do a lot of driving cross country type so wanted no problems.

ducky1402

Reaction score
fuel milege, engine longevity, no regenerations ( no extended periods of 1100 plus degree egt's) most people just get a delete pipe they are around 140 or so. on a recent trip i averaged 19.4 mpg across i40 from flag to arkansas. same trip w/dpf installed 15.8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr