Question hard start/no start

SDDually04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 6.0PSD Dually SDF350. I have only had it about 1 month, and twice now it has not started on the initial crank. The last time, I had to try 5 or 6 times to get it started. It cranks fine, I wait for the glow plug light to go out, it just doesn't start. I turn it off, turn it back on, try again, and eventually it starts. Once started, runs fine, and restarts without issue. Only has 27,*** miles on it. Any ideas?

Thanks

atk

Reaction score
1-fuel pump issue?
2-have the fuel filters been changed?
3-leaking HPOP connector or HPOP issue itself(more prone for the 05-07`s)but have of herd some of the 03-04 having problems....
4-when was the last oil change?
5-are you using any kind of tuner/programmer
6-did you scan for any codes?

just throwing some idea`s out there...hope this helps

Last edited:

SDDually04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1-fuel pump issue? - None that I know of. It runs perfectly once started, and it is intermittent.

2-have the fuel filters been changed? Do not know. I bought it used from a dealer, they did not specify.

3-leaking HPOP connector or HPOP issue itself(more prone for the 05-07`s)but have of herd some of the 03-04 having problems.... What was different from the 03/04? I read another post after I posted this one, and they also mentioned the HPOP? Is the 04 also a 2-piece?

4-when was the last oil change? Oil was changed just before I got it, only put about 500 miles since I got it.

5-are you using any kind of tuner/programmer No, no modifications.

Thanks. :dunno

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Sounds like the HPOP connector to me, There is a TSB on it, you should talk to a local dealer about having the TSB done, it should help.

SDDually04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tsb

What does that mean for me? I know it is a technical service bulletin, but what does that mean in terms of replacement? Does Ford replace it at cost? at no cost? ???

Thanks

atk

Reaction score
if that is your problem with your truck and also if you have any warranty left, it will be fixed....worst it is going to be is
$100 deductible, if you only have the engine warranty left....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim