Question Harley Davidson stereo install help

AZOutlaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Harley Davidson stereo install

So the UPS man showed up today. He was kind enough to bring me the last piece of my stereo. So the install begins.

So far the head unit is in. It is a older Kenwood DPX-301 out of my '04 F150. It fits, looks nice, and sounds good.

This will feed 2 Alpine amps (that is what the UPS guy brought). One is a Mrp-F300 that will push 4 Eclipse 6x8s. The other is a Mrp-M500 that will push 2 Polk 10"s placed behind my rear captains chairs.

A few obstacles I am facing is with the RCA cables. The HU only has 2 sets of preouts. One for the front and one for the rear. the rear is switchable to be a sub preout. I really want to be able to turn the subs down from the head unit so it will be set as a sub preout. So now my problem is getting all 4 channels to the amp. Can I splice a Rca cable to the speaker wires coming from the HU, or do I need to use a RCA line converter? I would like to save money but I only want to do this install once.

Last I am thinking of putting in my CB Radio. Why? Just because. I want to make things stealth. Any Ideas where to put an antenna? Do they make hidden CB antennas?

I will post pics of the progress as the project moves forward.

Last edited:

archermatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You need the converter. I used a PAC-OEM on my last truck. If you can wait a couple of weeks till I get back from the woods I can send you the one I have at home but won't be home till the 19th

AZOutlaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I was at the local Circuit City (which is going out of business) and found 2 speaker boxes that were real close to the right size I need to fit behind my rear captains chairs. I asked how much and to my surprise they were $25 each!!! That is cheaper that the wood I need to build the one I was planning. I am going to trial fit this weekend. Which ever one fits and looks better I will use. The other will go on Craigslist. Who knows I may use it for a x-mas gift. Makes me happy.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr