Has anyone else seen this?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows this??? I saw a site today that was petitioning to get signatures, to be able to drill for oil in the USA. Just wondering what you guys thought. With all the threads that I see about gas prices maybe this will do something??

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Respond with care.............no political posts please.

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
With all the threads that I see about gas prices maybe this will do something??

Are you talking about the petition on that site? If so, you are wasting your time. The only way to curb the cost of fuel prices is to reduce usage below a level that is being produced. Period!

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the petition on that site? If so, you are wasting your time. The only way to curb the cost of fuel prices is to reduce usage below a level that is being produced. Period!

Like I said just looking to get some thoughts. Thats kinda the idea!! To produce more oil by drilling for oil here in the US. There is no way that the usage will ever drop below what is being produced now.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You hit the nail on the head.I've just about cut my weekly mileage in half...We are the ones to blame for the high prices because we keep on paying them.It's a little to late to drill a thousand oil wells and build a refineries to drive the price of oil down.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
We cannot cut useage. That is a pipe dream. The idea that people are driving a whole lot of useless miles right now that they don't need to be driving is bupkus. Folks drive as much as they need to, and cannot cut back on the miles any more than they can cut back on going to work every morning. We can all do our part to reduce and conserve, but that will only get us a VERY SMALL improvement. The only way to get consumption under production is to PRODUCE MORE, which means DRILL, baby, DRILL!

Now, will signing an internet petition get that done? Sounds like slacktivism to me. My guess is it won't accomplish a thing. What you can do is read up on the congresspersons and senators you plan to elect this november and elect the ones that say DRILL in capital letters in their election brochures. We should have done that 10 years ago.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
We cannot cut useage. That is a pipe dream.

The only way to get consumption under production is to PRODUCE MORE, which means DRILL, baby, DRILL!

Producing more wont help much if we cant refine it.;)

How ya been Scott?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just hope there is some of those people on the ballot!!! I did see something on where somewhere out west they zoned some land that could be used to build a refinery. Not real sure on the whole situation though. I do agree there needs to be more refineries built but the regulations/standards that one would have to be built by now days would be crazy(for lack of a better word)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track