Question Headlights

jlhoover79

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 F250 XL. It has the glass headlights that are on the work truck style super duty and econolines. My question is, is there a way to swap the headlights with the headlight/turn signal/reflex assembly? What all kind of work would that involve if its at all possible? I like the look of the combination headlights better than the plain look of the work truck front end. Id also like to take the black plastic grille off and install the chrome grille. Any suggestions?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off Welcome to SSD.com and hope you like your new to you truck. I have
a 2006 and love it. Changing out the grille is no big deal, 3 or 4 screws on the top
and then tip the grille out and you will find 3 or 4 clips on the lower part of the grille
you can pry out. Don't know about the headlights, but I think someone on here
has already done that.
Doug

Last edited:

jlhoover79

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I just looked under the hood and you're right, the grille looks pretty simple to swap. I did watch a vid on youtube about the headlight swap. That looked a little tougher. They were doing some cutting to the area behind the headlight. I don't want to do that. But they may have been putting aftermarket lamps in. I just hope the factory combination lamps fit without cutting.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to me that it should be a simple swp out of the bezzles....i swapped an 03 with an 06 fenders grill and headlights...swapped over no problems... completely irrelevent to your situation i know... but i just dont see any problems with it...other than maybe bolt hole locations...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr