Hello all, I'm back

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
After a crazy four months, things have sorted themselves out to the point where I didn't have to sell the Beast and my RV to meet my father's estate expenses. The advice I got from several of you to get a good attorney at my side was invaluable.

To make a long story short, my father's creditors have FINALLY acknowledged that I am not him. So the legal attachments of my bank accounts and assets were removed, and I have some measure of cash flow back. I did have to negotiate with all of my creditors when they did not get paid for three months, since several of them bumped my interest rates into the stratosphere, I had to go to a debt management program. Everyone gets paid, but I don't get raped on the interest anymore. For what it was worth, my mortgage lender and the credit union that holds the note on the Beast were great.

All the stress took a toll on my health, though. I was in the hospital for a week in September, I suffered complete renal failure. When the doctor tells your wife to get the kids and grandkids together because you may not be around on Friday, that will get your attention.

That did mean I lost my job with American Airlines. I did get to go to Dallas to AA corporate for the day, man is Dallas BIG! I guess you DO make everything big in Texas!

The good news is that my wife has decided to open up a mobile grooming business. She will do the grooming and I will do the back office management functions. We hope to have the business up and running by the first of the year. We've even got our web site up at ZOOM GROOM Mobile Pet Spa

Our mobile grooming van will be either a Daimler Sprinter diesel or a Ford E-350 with a 6.0 PowerStroke (I didn't know you could still get one, but you can if it is a COMMERCIAL vehicle) We plan on having a lot of our business from the seasonal visitors who come to the RV parks with their pets. We figure that we can do work there at least two days a week full time.

So, I'm regaining my strength, putting my life back together, putting my ham radio gear back together, and hopefully 2008 will be a much happier and successful year.

Thanks for all of your encouragement, thoughts and prayers. I know all the positive thoughts and petitions to the Good Lord are what pulled me through. God bless all of you, and I hope to be back posting here regularly soon.

Richard

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
HEY Richard. Man I was thinkin bout you the other day, just wondering how things were going.

Glad to see you back here at SDD again. I am so sorry for all that you have had to go thru and endure over the last several months, and I hope that the future brings nothing but the best for you and your family.

SO GLAD TO HAVE PART OF THE SDD.com FAMILY BACK. :thumbs :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to have you back on SDD. You were part of the Woodwork 'round here. One heck of a time for ya, but I'm glad to see you're get'n back on yer feet.

:sweet :thumbs :sweet

Joe

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome back Richard.............glad things are working out for you.

Tbar

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It is damned good to see you back!!!

YOU WERE GREATLY MISSED AROUND HERE!!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome back Richard!! :notworthy I'm very pleased to know things did get resolved with the family matters:sweet

Congratulations on the new business venture,there's nothing like being your own boss:thumbs

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Welcome back! Gosh this thread is great. I love seeing my name in print. Oh, BTW Richard I've been lost not knowing the weather in Crestview, Florida.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richard;

It looks like you are a very rich man. My definition of rich is having a lot of good friends. Have a great day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58