hello everyone.

tator97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am brand new to this site but I have been a ford enthusiast for years. I am currently in the market to buy a new super duty and from what it looks like, this is a great site to learn everything about not only super duties but diesel engines in general. I have heard about body changes to the 07 super duty but today I test drove a f-350 and the salesmen said that there will be no body changes but the engine will change from a 6.0 to a 6.4. He said thats all the information he new and that he wouldn't receive any more until early fall (specs that is). Just wondering from yall on this site what you think about the current 6.0 engine compared to whats coming in the 6.4? Do you think it will be worth the wait. Thanks for the info and I am glad to be here.
tator97

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
tator97 said:
Just wondering from yall on this site what you think about the current 6.0 engine compared to whats coming in the 6.4? Do you think it will be worth the wait.

IMO, the first year out with any new engine is not the time to buy it. How can you forget the 6.0s problems? I'd wait until all the bugs have been worked out before buying one. Let others be your guinea pig.

My :2c

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
hheynow said:
IMO, the first year out with any new engine is not the time to buy it. How can you forget the 6.0s problems? I'd wait until all the bugs have been worked out before buying one. Let others be your guinea pig.

My :2c

I agree 110%

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The vast majority of the 6.0 problems seem to have worked themselves out. IMHO it was more a lack of trained technicians than a fault of the engines themselves, but the earlier engines did have their problems. The late 04 and newer 6.0 engines seem to be relatively trouble free. I have experienced only a minor oil leak, repaired under warranty, as well as the recall for the degas bottle (recalibrated with a new label) and the reflash of the engine computer. I've NEVER been stranded. From what I have read in the automotive press, the 6.4 will be more evolutionary than revolutionary, drawing more from the present 6.0 with two turbochargers in-line, a particulate filter on the exhaust to reduce soot emissions, and other emission sensors that will tend to make our lives a bit more miserable as diesel owners, all for the sake of "clean air"-mad. Ford is trying not to rush this new engine to market, I have read on another Ford forum the introduction date for the 6.4 has been delayed until the first part of 2007. You can probably get a good deal on a Super Duty if you like the current style, it is a buyer's market out there.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome tator97 , Glad you found us. I agree with the others, let someone else be the guinea pig.-popcorn

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
welcome TATor

LOCK up your wallet now
we can help with the green stuff liberation.
glad your here

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome aboard TATor,great to have you with the SDD community:thumbs

As much as I'd like to see the 6.4L become a reality I certainly wouldn't want to be the owner of the first year production run :cop

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

JMO, I was a guinea pig, and except for a few issues, It's worked out ok for me, but as you know, many have not had as much luck. Get the truck you want now, if you find it. When the new ones come out, trade it in then if you want. Don't miss out on the disease. (Especially if your going to lurk around here). :roflmao

Now, go get yer truck! :sweet

Barrett

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58