Hello

holtzfan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have owned my truck for several years now, butt recently decided to do some mods due to buying a toy hauler. I ordered a chip from dp tuner, and an intake and exhaust may be in the near future.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!! Glad to have you. If you have any questions about your truck, the guys on here are pretty knowledgeable and willing to help out. When you get time, go to the user cp section and put your truck information in the signature line.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! Tons of great info and people here. Post some pics of your set up. Make sure you get some gauges before you start layin down mower power to keep an eye on your vitals. :sweet

holtzfan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 7.3 SD, Auto, CC, LB, 4x4. I am trying to do a bunch of research as to what I need to do along with the DP Tuner chip. I order the chip with the tow, economy, and decel tunes. I am not looking to hot rod the truck, as I have been more than happy with it bone stock, until I got my fifth wheel toy hauler. I mainly ordered the chip for the decel tune as I live at the foot of the Cascade Mountain range, and I hope that I can run the economy and tow tune without having to drop another $1500 or so in gauges, intake, and exhaust.

I plan on servicing my tranny this weekend using the guide on here (which is how I found this website).

I am going to try and find all of the answers to the questions that I have right now prior to posting questions that I am sure have been asked hundreds of times.

Thank for the welcome and the advice so far.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will want gauges, even if you don't hot rod the truck. They will save you, I promise. Aluminum melts at 1240°F and you will see 1200°+ often. Not that it will hurt you. But you NEED to know. Get the gauges!

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, sounds like you have a great truck, that 7.3 is a hoss and will do a good job of pulling your new fifth wheel toy hauler. My fifthwheel is around 16,500 or more and my truck does a good job of getting it down the road.
You don't want to hear this, I can tell but if you love your truck you will put gages on it, and it will love you if you watch them while towing.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, sounds like you have a great truck, that 7.3 is a hoss and will do a good job of pulling your new fifth wheel toy hauler. My fifthwheel is around 16,500 or more and my truck does a good job of getting it down the road.
You don't want to hear this, I can tell but if you love your truck you will put gages on it, and it will love you if you watch them while towing.
Doug

What Doug said about GAUGES, X2

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58